Get a Card

Your library card gives you access to a world of information, for free! 

Wisconsin Residents - SCLS

If you are 16 years or older, and live within the South Central Library System (Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk and Wood Counties):

  • Bring your photo ID and a completed Library Card Application (you may also pick up a paper application at the library). 
  • If your ID does not list your current address, we also need to see proof of current address, such as a lease, utility bill, or insurance card.

For children under 16 years, a parent or guardian must sign the library card application and must also have their own library card in good standing. See also the Web Only Cards described below.

Wisconsin Residents - Outside of SCLS

Wisconsin residents who live outside of the South Central Library System (Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk and Wood Counties) may get a New Glarus Public Library card at no cost.

This card enables you to checkout books, CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, magazines, and other physical materials held by the libraries in the South Central Library System. You may also request items through Outerlibrary Loan. This card grants remote access to our online databases. This card does not grant access to eBooks and other digital materials through Wisconsin's Digital Library. This is a policy of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium, and is not a decision made at the local level. We recommend visiting a library in your county of residence to obtain a card that will allow you to borrow materials from this resource.

Out of State Residents

We are currently unable to issue cards to residents of states other than Wisconsin.

Teacher Cards

Teachers who already have an SCLS library card in good standing are also eligible to apply for a teacher card. These cards allow you to check out materials for use in the classroom, and you may request multiple copies of titles.

  • School ID is required.
  • School administrator must sign as guarantor for lost or damaged items.
    • For teachers in the New Glarus School District, we have the necessary signature on file.
    • If you teach in another district, you'll need to have your administrator sign your form.
  • Teacher cards are good for one year, and may be renewed at the start of each new school year.

Contact the library for a Teacher Card application.

Web-Only Cards for Students

Students in middle and high school who do not already have an SCLS library card may apply for a web-only student card.

  • These cards allow access to our online databases, as well as allowing check-out of digital items through OverDrive.
  • Web-only cards cannot be used to check out physical library materials. 

For more information, contact the library and ask for Erica.