Get information about the Village of New Glarus.
Check it out!
Use Your Library!
Your Library Card
- Driver's license or other photo ID with proof of current address required.
- Under 18: parent or guardian signature required.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries & beyond.
- Lost cards cost $1 to replace.
- Teachers who already have an SCLS library card in good standing are also eligible to apply for a teacher card.
- School ID required.
- Teacher cards allow you to check out materials for use in the classroom. These materials do not accrue overdue fines, though fees for lost or damaged items still apply.
- Request multiple copies of titles for classroom study.
- Teacher cards are good for one year, and may be renewed at the start of each new school year.
Web-Only Cards for Students
- Students in middle and high school who do not already have an SCLS library card may apply for a web-only student card.
- These cards allow access to our online databases, as well as allowing check-out of digital items through OverDrive.
- Web-only cards can not be used to check out physical library materials.
- For more information, ask Erica.
- Watt Meter—2 weeks
- Magnification Devices - 2 weeks
- Materials may be returned at New Glarus Public Library, or at any other public library in Green, Dane, Sauk or Columbia County.
- An outside book drop is provided for the return of materials outside of library hours. All library items, including DVDs and CDs, may be returned in the outdoor book drop.
- Materials returned after hours will not be checked in until the following work day.
(New Adult Fiction: 2 weeks)
|10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|DVDs||1 week||$1/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Magazines||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Books on CD||4 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Software & Video Games||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Music CDs||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
Library Card is required for checkout.
If your card is lost, notify the library right away.
Do not allow others to use your card.
- Most items may be renewed if they are not needed by another patron. Renewals may be made by phone, in person, or on-line.
- Holds may be placed by phone, in person, or on-line.
- We do not limit the number of items a patron may check out, but no patron can have more than 100 items checked out on his or her card.
- Overdue fines may be paid with cash or check. (We do charge a $30 fee for all NSF checks.)
- Fines greater than $10 may be paid by credit or debit card using our online fine payment option.
Overdue notices are sent out when material is 14 days overdue; a second notice is sent out when items are 28 days overdue.
The library has direct access to the holdings of the other South Central Library System libraries, with delivery of materials to and from system libraries. An additional extensive interlibrary loan network expands our library's ability to access the materials you need.
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always needed and very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.