Get information about the Village of New Glarus.
|Library Director:||Maggie Waggoner|
|Assistant Director:||Erica Loeffelholtz|
|Children's Librarian:||Ignacia Boersma|
|Library Assistant:||Rachel Holcomb|
|Circulation Assistant:||Anna Taylor|
Check it out!
Use Your Library!
Your Library Card
- Driver's license or other photo ID with proof of current address required.
- Under 18: parent or guardian signature required.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries & beyond.
- Lost cards cost $1 to replace.
- DVD Player—2 weeks
- Watt Meter—2 weeks
- Magnification Devices - 2 weeks
- Materials may be returned at New Glarus Public Library, or at any other public library in Green, Dane, Sauk or Columbia County.
- An outside bookdrop is provided for the return of materials outside of library hours; please return audio/visual materials here when the library is not open. A media drop is located in the Village Hall for CDs, DVDs and tapes during Village Hall hours.
- Materials returned after hours will not be checked in until the following work day.
(New Adult Fiction: 2 weeks)
|10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|DVDs||1 week||$1/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Magazines||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Books on CD||4 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Computer Software||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Music CDs||2 weeks||10¢/day||Yes (if no waiting list)|
|Children's Kits||2 weeks||10¢/day||No|
Library Card is required for checkout.
If your card is lost, notify the library right away.
Do not allow others to use your card.
- Most items may be renewed if they are not needed by another patron. Renewals may be made by phone, in person, or on-line.
- Holds may be placed by phone, in person, or on-line.
- We do not limit the number of items a patron may check out, but no patron can have more than 100 items checked out on his or her card.
Overdue notices are sent out when material is 14 days overdue; a second notice is sent out when items are 28 days overdue.
The library has direct access to the holdings of the other South Central Library System libraries, with delivery of materials to and from system libraries. An additional extensive interlibrary loan network expands our library's ability to access the materials you need.
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always needed and very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.