2010 Bank of New Glarus calendar

(JUDA - photo courtesy of Paul Matzke)

Juda's Zion United Methodist Church photographed the congregation celebrating an anniversary of the congregation.  This photo was taken in the early 1960s.

(NEW GLARUS - photo courtesy of Doris Klassy)

This professional photograph was taken in 1940 on the Klassy farm north of New Glarus.  G. Fred Klassy was testing the newest equipment from McCormick & Deering, including Farmall H tractors and 3-bottom plows.  Currently the farm is owned and operated by Dan Klassy, the third generation on the family farm.

(BRODHEAD - photo courtesy of Ruth Kamps)

Brodhead Fire Department, taken June 1967.  First row: Dick Kamps, Keith Townsend, George Bjork, Don Edwards, Don Condon, Joe Boyle, Gerald Reigle, Dale Everson, William Reigle.  Second row:  Ken Shrier, Roger Bernstein, Larry Olson, Ike Johnson, Mac Frie, Ron Zuehlke, Gil Koch, Sidney Stair, Laz Montgomery, Herb Hawkins.  Third row:  Chuck Sors, Stan Everson, Allen Roenneberg, Truman Olin, Jack Martin, Adolph Ruchti, George Wheeler, Rex Roenneberg, Pat McGinty.

(BELLEVILLE - photo from A History of Belleville and Surroundings)

In 1984 the Belleville band Remuda was formed.  John Roethke, Dennis Whitney, Mark Gruenfelder, Tim Francois, and Andy Ziehli are pictured.

(JUDA - photos courtesy of Paul Matzke)

The photo of the depot with the windmill was the original depot.  This structure burned in 1924 and was immediately replaced with the building in the other photo, which remains standing.

(NEW GLARUS - photo courtesy of Karl Gmur)

The Roger Bright Band played for many years at the New Glarus Hotel and around the Midwest.  Robi Schneider operated the hotel from 1959 through 1975 and added his famous yodeling to the group.  Pictured here:  Roger Bright, Karl Gmur, Roger Pulver, Joey Miskulin, Bobby Lorenz, Gene Tebo, and Robi Schneider.

(BRODHEAD - photo courtesy of Shirley Hahn)

Brodhead City Band.  Front row: Charley Carlson, Helmer Olmstead, Tallie Everson, unidentified band director from out of town, Harry Barkow, Herb Myers, Leo Scheberle, Kenneth Olson.  Second row:  Dwight Fisher, unidentified, Harry Scheberle, Frank Dedrick Sr., Henry Christenson, Happy Myers, Marvin Thostenson.  Back row: Harry Scoville, Harold Pauley, unidentified, Joe Daimer Sr., unidentified, Fred Marty, Vern Dodge, Fritz Maevus, Jack  Berryman.

(BELLEVILLE - photo from A History of Belleville and Surroundings)

Belleville Main Street (Highway 69) looking east - 1930s.

(JUDA - photo courtesy of Paul Matzke)

These photos show three early school buildings in Juda.  The one-story building was the original schoolhouse.  A second floor was added in 1911 and was used until 1923 when it was torn down and replaced with the brick building in 1924.  The brick building was eventually replaced with the current elementary school.

(NEW GLARUS - photo courtesy of Alfred Hefty)

New Glarus High School varsity cheerleaders cheered the 1956 NGHS basketball team to regionals during tournament.  Mildred Zurkirchen, Gale Erb, Mary Lou Milz, Jeanette Duerst, Margaret Meythaler, Monica Figy.

(BRODHEAD - photo from 1976 Brodhead High School yearbook)

Brodhead Centennial class of 1977 Junior Letter Winners.  Sitting:  Cathy Combs, Mindy Baxter, Lori Badertscher, Darris Henning, Terri Hawkins, Kathy Hurst, Peggy Friedly, Daphne Johnson.  Standing: RAndy Strehlow, Jim Butts, Bob Walder, Eugene Updike, Alan Hegi, Mike Krupke, Jeff Bruegger, Steve Schneider, Mark Nelson, Mickey Herrli, Ted Davis, Timm Fischer, Eric Bingner.

Belleville's Northwoods deer hunters.